Friday, November 1, 2013

Blog Challenge Day Twenty Two

Favorite Memory

I don't think I could pick just one favorite memory so I'll just share the one I was thinking about the other day.

I dreaded Sunday school when I was a little girl.  I would always hope that my parents would accidentally sleep in and when they did, I was ecstatic!

One of the bonuses of going to Sunday school was the times that my mom let us go to the old corner store.  It was a few blocks from the church.

My mom would tell us beforehand if we could go to the store to get a treat and I would look forward to it through my whole Sunday school class.

Class would be done and my little brother and I would make a mad dash to the old corner store.  I remember getting 1 cent Tootsie Rolls.  What's better than 100 Tootsie Rolls to rot those teeth?!

The store has been ripped down since then but it still has a strong place in my memory.  :)


1 comment:

  1. I use to go to that same corner store when I was in Middle School!

    ReplyDelete