Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Challenge Day Twenty Four

My Favorite Hobby

ONCE UPON A TIME, at a restaurant in my hometown, I received a gift from my mom that would change my life! 

Ok... maybe this is starting off a little dramatic so let's get a little more serious.

When I turned 15, my mom had given me a scrapbook that she had started.  Inside were scrapbook pages of me when I was younger.  I thought it was such a personal and thoughtful gift but I wasn't sure what to do with it.

I was so inspired by what my mom created that I, too, wanted to try out this newly introduced hobby.  So that's where it all began!

I started out by just throwing pictures and paper together with a few stickers and thought it was soooo cool.  I then got into digital scrapbooking.  This was so easy and fun but I felt like it took the creativity out of it.  

Over the next few years, I watched countless YouTube videos of women scrapbooking their fondest memories, picking up tips and tricks.  The creativity began to grow inside me and I wanted to scrapbook all day!

Today, I love to scrapbook, make cards and home decor, and pretty much anything thing that involves pretty paper and glue!  

1 comment:

  1. aww! You are gonna make me cry! It is so awesome that you hold those memories so close to your heart!!

    ReplyDelete